HLTA Kauai is committed to helping provide overall support and contribution to a better quality of life and environment for the Kauai community and our Kauai visitors.
We represent the lodging and tourism industry which generates the greatest tax revenue and the largest number of jobs in the State of Hawaii – one out of every three jobs! A primary objective of the Hawai`i Lodging & Tourism Association is to keep our businesses, communities, and members informed of the issues and developments affecting the visitor industry and our community.
Membership with the HLTA includes a long list of benefits.
We provide legislative representation
at both county and state levels
- Liaison with Kauai Chamber and HLTA State chapter on government advocacy with Federal, State, and County Governments.
- Co-host or host of meet/greet or panel discussion meetings with key state and county government officials.
We provide the opportunity for you to grow your business, network through various events and membership mixers.
- Networking opportunities to enhance your industry contacts.
Through our digital channels, social media, member directory, and various events, we provide opportunities for growth and exposure for your business.
- Advertisement for your business through the HLTA Kauai social media sites
- Bi-weekly Informational Email that includes:
- Updates and discounts from our Members
- Industry News
- Upcoming Educational Opportunities in cultural and industry-related
- Monthly Visitor Statistics
- Members have access to exclusive member-to-member discounts.
We provide support for Kauai students and continuing education on island.
- Annual Fine Dining Event supporting the Kauai Community College Culinary Arts Program.
- Annual Golf Tournament provides scholarship funds that are distributed to County of Kauai High School Students and Kauai Community College.
- Sponsorship of the HLTA Annual Citizen Scholarship Program for public high school seniors who represent the finest attributes of citizenship and academic achievement. As well as participation in the recognition luncheon.
HLTA Kauai’s Pillars
We provide educational opportunities, information, and resources to our members, legislators, the media, and the community.
We advocate the needs of our members with the federal, state, and county governments.
We support and contribute to a better quality of life and environment for both the community and our visitors.
We promote our members’ businesses and facilitate growth through networking opportunities.